Hi everyone, this is Yuko (aka Coco) from California. I moved to Beijing a month ago for my internship at DMG entertainment. The first couple of days when I arrived to Beijing, I was a bit lost because of how massive Beijing is. The vibes of Beijing come from every corner of the city and I definitely feel the city’s inclusiveness and hospitality to westerners. If someone asked me what Beijing is like, I would have to tell them that Beijing has everything in your wildest dream, from tasty street foods to awesome events/parties. It is a place where fantasies come true! I’m very happy that I made the decision to come to Beijing for my internship. For my first month in Beijing these are some of the things I did.
- I went to the famous tourist attraction spots in Beijing
- I ate so much great food. I’m a super foodie and Beijing is a great place to facilitate awesome dining experiences for western and eastern audiences.
- I shopped, shopped and shopped again.
- I’ve made so many new friends. I counted almost 100 new friends in the last month.
- I drank lots of Boba Milk Tea, which is my absolute favorite!
- I went to church every Friday and Sunday. Surprised, they do have places to go to church in Beijing!