Terms & Conditions
The following document is our terms & conditions and it applies to all Participant(s) or Applicant(s) (hereinafter “you”, “your”, or “Applicant” or “Participant”), in an internship, language course or related offering mentioned here under as the “Program” offered by My China Opportunity Limited, a company incorporated in Hong Kong with a certificate number 58926896-000-08-13-5 and having their registered office at Flat/Room 9B, Amtel Building, 148 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong and/or any of its subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “We”, “Our”, “us”, “the company”, “Program Provider”, "MCO"). The copyright in and to the Terms & Conditions is owned by the Company and any replicating of the terms and conditions without our prior written consent constitutes as an infringement of our legal rights. Our company will take legal action if we deem necessary.
(1) Obligations of the Program Provider
- Internship Placement: Our company will arrange for the applicant to be placed with an internship in a company that will be unpaid, stipend or paid depending on the “assigned internship company’s offering” as part of MCO’s Program (mentioned as a “placement”)
- Pre-Arrival Consultation: Our Company will help proofread and polish the applicants resume/CV. We will provide the Participant with key information on obtaining a Chinese or Cambodian Visa. Our Program fee does not include the initial visa fee that is charged by the Chinese Embassy in the Participant’s home country.
- Airport Pick-up: We will arrange for the Participant to be picked up and be delivered to the accommodation either We or the Participant prepares. This arrangement must be accomplished through pre-arranged times prior to the arrival of the participant.
- Orientation: We will provide an orientation course for the Participant on arrival into China or Cambodia.
- Accommodation: We will provide the Participant with a furnished accommodation (the “designated accommodation”) with all the payments of utilities and/or bills related to that designated accommodation. The Utilities and/or bills include gas, electricity, water and internet. We shall only be responsible for the payment of any electricity bill that is no more than 150 units of electricity per month. Anything above the 150 unit stipend, the Participant will pay for on his own accord. We shall also only be responsible for the payment of any water bill that is no more than 10 cubic meters pe month. Any water usage above 10 cubic meters per month may incur additional fees not exceeding 50 yuan per cubic meter.
- Cultural, Social & Networking Activities: The Participant has ability to participate in various cultural, social & networking activities planned by Us. Some of the activities that We prepare may have additional fees to participate. Each month MCO will offer at least one social, cultural or networking activity.
- Welcome Package: We will provide the Participant with assistance to purchase a Cell Phone & Sim Card,go over safety, the city, and living. k
- Support Services: We will provide the contact details of a Program representative to the Participant in case of emergency (24 hrs / 7 days a week).
For the avoidance of any doubt, We are only responsible for the Program Content in section 1 above.
(2) Obligations of the Participant
- The Participant acknowledges accepting the program and the costs entailed “as and where is” completely at the Participant’s risk. The Participant is bound to Our Program’s Terms and Conditions once the deposit or final payment is received by Our Company.
- The Program Deposit is US$500.
- After deposits have been paid to secure a spot in Our Program, the remaining balance for must be paid within five days after an Internship Placement has been acquired or three weeks before the arrival date of the Participant, whichever is sooner. The Participant can arrange with Us an alternative payment schedule only if it is approved by a staff member in Our Company in writing.
- In the event that the Applicant has given the entire Program fee and requests to cancel the placement prior to the start the Program, then this must be done through a written cancellation request at least 8 weeks prior to the start of the Program. The Applicant must send this cancellation request by email. Upon receiving the request from the Applicant to Us, a 100% refund of the Program fee, minus the deposit, will be given the Applicant. In the event the Applicant writes a cancellation request less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the Program, a 50% refund of the Program fee, minus the deposit, will be given to the Applicant.
- All deposits for our Program are refundable if we cannot find a suitable internship placement that matches the Participants skill sets/qualifications or if the Program is cancelled by Us without the consent of the Participant.
- If the Participant decides to change the start date of their Program after paying the Program’s deposit, they are able to do so through written consent. This start date change cannot be more than 3 months from the initial start date.
- In the event where the Participant chooses to withdraw from the Program after it has started for any reason, We will not provide any refund to the Participant.
- If the Participant wants to extend their stay after the program has begun, the Participant will be charged Program extension fees. Any extension the Participant makes for the Program must be done in writing and sent to the Program coordinator. Any extension request must be done at least two weeks prior to the Program ending date.
- In the case that the Participant is declined for visa by the Chinese embassy, a full refund minus the deposit will be given back to the Participant. Our company will not compensate the Participant for any other costs that incurred in relation to the Program. The Participant must show evidence of the visa being declined for a full refund to be issued.
- In the case that We need to cancel one of our Programs for any reason prior to the starting date of the Program, a full 100% refund of the Program fee will be given to the Participant. Our company will not compensate the Participant for any other costs that incurred in relation to the Program.
- In the event of National holidays and other PRC related events that may change your schedule, it is the responsibility of the Participant to be aware of any scheduled changes and We are not held responsible for this. Most companies may operate on a Monday thru Friday, 9am-6pm, work schedule, some companies may have different requirements.
- Under the following circumstances, We are not liable or responsible for changes or cancellations to the Program: war or threat of war, environmental or climate concerns, terrorism or threat of terrorism, acts of government or local authority, fire, sickness, or any other event or circumstance which amounts to a “force majeure” and in such cases no refund or compensation for any loss will be given to the Participant by us unless otherwise decided at Our discretion.
- Any flights for Airport Pickup that are not on the specified arrival day cannot be guaranteed. It is up to the Participant to inform Us of their flight arrival details at least one week in advance.
- Our Program does not include the cost of international and domestic flights. You must purchase your own round trip flight tickets to and from the PRC. We are not held liable for any negligence or damages due to the Participants actions regarding flights or flight tickets.
- While under contract with the assigned company the Participant agrees to comply with any applicable rules and/or internal policies or guidelines of the assigned internship company and language course provider. If a problem arises within the assigned internship company, the Participant agrees to contact his/her Program coordinator prior to any discussion with any third party, such as the assigned internship company. If the assigned internship company terminates the Participant prior to the end of the designated contract because of the Participant’s inadequate or unhelpful participation or prolonged or repeated absence from work, no refund of the Program fees will be given to the Participant. We are not liable for providing a replacement internship after a termination.
- If for whatever reason the Participant wants to terminate his/her internship placement prior to the end of the stated time period, he/she must provide Us with a written notification of why they wish to terminate their contract. We reserve the right to not refund your Program fee and no other placement will be offered to the Participant.
- If at any time the Participant encounters any problems while participating in Our Program, he/she must inform us promptly and foremost in writing by email with a concise explanation of the problem/event. We will discuss and analysis the problem with the Participant to figure out ways in which we can solve the problem effectively, if any problems are to arise. The conversation we have with the Participant will not be on record and We will not be held liable for anything said.
- Participants are responsible for their safety during Our Program. It is not the responsibility of the internship company or Us to be liable for any accident, sickness, loss, damage, expense or hazard encountered or incurred by the Participant.
- If any case of injury, sickness, or accident is suffered by the Participant, We, our affiliate partners, suppliers and Our Company staff are not liable. If in the case of theft or damages to the property of the Participant in relation to or in connection with our/their services provided, We, our affiliate partners, suppliers and Our Company staff are not liable.
- Prior to the arrival into the PRC, It is the responsibility of the Participant to purchase any additional insurance he/she deems necessary to have, which will cover him/her for the length of the Program. This comprehensive insurance should include but is not limited to health, medical, travel, and personal liability insurance. All relevant insurance documents should be brought with the Participant upon arrival in the PRC. If any medical advice is given by Us or any third parties, We are not liable for the advice given.
- During the duration of the Program, all Participants will take full responsibility for their conduct of behavior. The Participant will not act irresponsibly, break the law of the People’s Republic of China, or put themselves or others in dangerous situations, and if they do, will be responsible for the consequences.
- If the rules of the assigned internship company or the rules of Our Program or the laws of the People’s Republic of China are not followed and maintained, We have the right to cancel the Program of the Participant and no refund will be given.
- If any accidents made by the Participant were to occur at any third party locations including but not limited to the premises of the assigned internship company and the designated accommodation the Participant shall be responsible and liable for any damages or costs. It is the Participants responsibility to obtain personal liability insurance prior to the start of the Program.
- If for any instance the workload in the assigned internship company is of high intensity or low intensity, We are not responsible. In the event that there is problem with workload, the Participant agrees to discuss the problem with Us and We will try to resolve the issue accordingly.
- If the assigned internship company needs the Participant to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement with them, the Participant is agrees to do so. Regardless of whether or not the assigned company requires a Non-disclosure agreement, the Participant agrees to respect and keep confidential the intellectual property and any confidential information of the assigned internship company.
- Our aggregate maximum liability is limited to the amount of the actual cash paid by You to the Company for the Program.
- If any disputes, controversies or claims arise out of or relating to these terms and conditions or this agreement, including the validity, invalidity, breach or termination thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in Hong Kong under the Hong Kong International Arbitration Center Administered Arbitration Rules in force when the Notice of Arbitration is submitted in accordance with these Rules. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The Arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
- This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and supersedes all previous agreements between the parties relating to its subject matter.
- These terms and conditions and this agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, Hong Kong and it’s law.
- Each party acknowledges that, in entering into this agreement, it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in this agreement
- A person who is not a party to this agreement shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- The rights of the parties to terminate rescind or agree any variation, waiver or settlement under this agreement is not subject to the consent of any person that is not a party to this agreement.
- If any provision of the agreement (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed not to form part of this agreement, and the validity and enforce-ability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected.
- If a provision of the agreement (or any part of any provision) is found illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable OR the Company and the Participant shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provision such that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the original commercial intention of the Company and the Participant.